Urinary tract infection is the most common infection affecting both men and women of all age groups. Urinary tract infection occurs when the bacteria enter the urethra from where it is moved to the bladder and cause infection. If you are suffering from urinary tract infection, then it is must you need to consult the doctor as inappropriate treatment may lead to complications. While you are on your regular medications, you can also follow a few home remedies listed in this article to minimize your UTI infection.
Most of the UTI is caused by bacteria, but fungi and viruses may also trigger infection. The most common strain that causes infection includes Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus saprophyticus.
Let’s in this article read and understand the causes of UTI in men, symptoms, and a few home remedies that you can use to treat a UTI and prevent from getting it.
What are the symptoms of UTI?
Here is a list of the most common symptoms of UTI and it includes:
- Burning sensation while urinating
- Foul smell in the urine
- Urinary urgency
- Frequent urination
- Urine leakage
- Cloudy urine
- Low-grade fever
- Pain in the abdomen area
- Pain in the upper back
- Blood in the urine
What are the main causes of UTI in men?
The following are the factors that may put you at the risk of developing UTI in men:
- Older men have a higher risk of developing a UTI
- Not drinking enough water
- Enlarged prostate gland
- kidney stone
- Fecal incontinence
- Post-operative urinary tract surgery
- Being uncircumcised
How to diagnose UTI infection in men?
If you have any of the above-listed symptoms, visiting the doctor is a must. Your doctor may check your symptoms and suggest a test like urine culture to confirm the infection and other imaging studies may be carried out to check for the underlying cause of UTI. If the test report shows positive, then your doctor may suggest treatments based on your clinical report. If medicines are prescribed, order them from a reliable online medicine site at the comfort of your home.
Home remedies to treat UTI in men:
There are many home remedies available to treat urinary tract infections in men. Here we have discussed a few of them below:
- Drink enough water to push the toxins and bacteria out of the system. Hence, drink enough plain water and keep your body well hydrated.
- Increase your vitamin-c intake through fresh fruits and veggies. This helps reduce the risk of UTI.
- Incorporate probiotic supplement in your diet. Regular intake may reduce the risk of UTI.
- Taking cranberry juice in the diet prevents UTI. But take in the unsweetened form to get its maximum benefits.
- Include garlic in the diet. But if you don’t like the smell and taste of garlic, there are supplements available in the market which you can take it directly. Buy OTC supplements from the best online pharmacy store in India and avail of amazing discounts on every product you choose.
Here are a few tips to prevent episodes of UTI in the future:
- Wear a loose dress as wearing the tight one may hold the moisture and may cause the bacteria to multiply.
- Using heating pads near the abdominal area may help to reduce back pain.
- Never hold your pee. Urinate every two to three hours or when it is required.
- Avoid caffeinated beverages, alcohol, or spicy foods. Include fresh veggies, fruits, proteins, nuts, whole grains, and eggs.
- Try to wear cotton underwear, and do change them every day.
Urinary tract infection needs immediate medical attention and prompt treatment. For a safe, and effective treatment, always combine medications along with home testament to ease UTI.